Hello everyone! I’m back to share a recap of my September, which was busy, to say the least.
You may notice that there is no “Books Read” section this month, and that is because I finished no books. *cue tears*
This makes me very sad and I hope to do better next month 😓
Dear Martin | Nic Stone | I recently acquired an Amazon gift card, and this book was recently on sale on Amazon, so…I got it! Dear Martin was recently banned in a school district somewhere, which makes me even more excited to read it.
Exit West | Mohsin Hamid | Spotted this in a Little Free Library near my house while I was on a run!
The Journal Writer’s Companion | Alyss Thomas | Thank you so much to the publisher for sending this my way! I can’t wait to read and review it.
Forward Me Back to You | Mitali Perkins | I checked this out of the library upon recommendation from my mom. I hadn’t heard of it before but I really like it so far!!
- Angie Thomas is gonna have her own production company!! (source)
- Tiny Pretty Things is being made into a Netflix series. (More incentive for me to read the book haha.) (source)
- Elizabeth Acevedo’s With the Fire on High is going to be a movie. (source)
These are my two posts from September:
Favorite Posts from the Blogosphere:
I am very very far behind on blog hopping, so these posts are all from before September actually happened, but I still wanted to share them because they’re amazing!
- Cait @ Paper Fury talked about being a bookworm with a sensory processing disorder.
- May @ Forever and Everly discussed four things book bloggers shouldn’t feel guilty about.
- Alexandra @ Twirling Pages talked about speaking up on social justice issues.
- As part of Shealea @ Shut Up, Shealea’s Augvocacy project, author Gail D. Villanueva talked about colorism and colonialism in children’s literature.
- CW @ The Quiet Pond introduced a new character, who shared a discussion on the ‘cost of book blogging’ controversy.
- CW @ The Quiet Pond recommended a list of YA sci-fi/fantasy books with f/f romances.
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia and Lily @ Sprinkles of Dreams collaborated to share book recs based on the Marauders and Hermione, Ginny, and Luna, and I loved reading these creative posts so much!!
- Cait @ Paper Fury put together a list of 63 YA books about siblings!!
- Alexandra @ Twirling Pages helped us out with an audiobooks 101 guide.
- Tiffany @ Read By Tiffany blessed us all with a college 101 post, and you can bet that’s I’ve already bookmarked this for when I start college.
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books shared about how to give your blog posts and extra spark.
- Julianna @ Paper Blots reviewed Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi.
- Tiffany @ Read By Tiffany and Alexandra @ Twirling Pages collaborated on a Harry Potter-inspired look book!
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books shared about her travels in Croatia, which looks so beautiful!
- Kat @ Novels and Waffles started a really sweet endeavor called the Bibliosmile Project.
- Kaitlin @ Twirling Pages turned 17!
- May @ Forever and Everly shared her least favorite books so far this year.
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia celebrated her 3-year blogiversary!
Glee | I finally finished all of Glee and now I’m really sad that it’s over 😭
Modern Family | The final season has begun! This show just makes me laugh so hard and smile so much.
Derry Girls | I started this show in September and LOVED it. It’s so funny!!
Notion | I recently started using this online tool called Notion, which is basically like Google Docs, Googles Sheets, calendar, notes, and reminders all rolled into one. It’s been super helpful for planning my Instagram posts and lots of other things!
So September was very exhausting. School started for me, and between academics and soccer and having a million other extra-curricular commitments, I am very tired lol. There was plenty of fun stuff! (I love my art class, I joined the school newspaper, etc.) It was just a lot of stuff all at once, which is why I’m looking forward to having some more downtime at the end of October when soccer season ends.
Goals from September:
- ACTUALLY SCHEDULE BLOG POSTS IN ADVANCE ❌ HA.
- Read 8+ books ❌
- Be super productive with schoolwork during free periods and at home ✔ Overall I think I did pretty well with this.
- Post on Instagram 3+ times per week ✔❌ I didn’t quite reach this goal every week, but I did a decent job of keeping up with Instagram.
- Catch up on blog hopping ❌ This just did not happen.
- Hang out with friends outside of school ❌ Did not really have time or energy for this. This month!
Goals for October:
- Blog 5+ times
- Post on Instagram 2+ times per week
- Be productive with schoolwork on Fridays ~ so I won’t have to do work on Saturdays and Sundays!
- Prep for the PSATs
- Hang out with friends outside of school
- Try to do some of Inktober
- Catch up on blog hopping
- Take care of myself ~ this one is very broad but very important.
How was your September? How are you doing with your goals for this month? Let’s chat in the comments!
(Btw, photo creds to my classmate Genevieve for taking this great photo of me on our class canoe trip this month!)