Hello readers, and welcome to this very belated recap of my October. (As you can see, I’m experimenting a bit with my post header design! I not set on this design yet and I’ll probably change it up some more, but feel free to let me know what you think in the comments.)
I read one book in October (which is better than I did in September lol). Junior year is killing me a little bit but it’s okay! Thanksgiving break is coming up!
Books Read in October:
Book covers are from Goodreads and link to the books’ respective Goodreads pages.
How to Be Remy Cameron | Julian Winters | Review coming soon!
Permanent Record | Mary H.K. Choi | I won this in a giveaway! (Thanks Teen Vogue!)
- Take the Mic | Bethany C. Morrow | Anthology of “fictional stories of everyday resistance,” with authors like Jason Reynolds, Samira Ahmed, and more
- 10 Blind Dates | Ashley Elston | Christmas story in which the main character has to go on blind dates set up by her family
- The Best at It | Maulik Pancholy | Middle grade with a gay, Indian-American protagonist
- Ninth House | Leigh Bardugo | I’m sure most of you have heard lots about this one already, but it sounds amazing! (For those of you who don’t know, this book = Yale secret societies but magical)
- Look Both Ways | Jason Reynolds | The synopsis is kinda vague, but the fact that it’s Jason Reynolds is enough to make me want to read it.
- The Dragon Warrior |Katie Zhao | Middle grade inspired by Chinese mythology!
- Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky | Kwame Mbalia | New middle grade from Rick Riordan Presents inspired by African and African-American legends! This sounds so good ahhh
- Lifestyles of Gods & Monsters | Modernized Ariadne and Theseus, yes please
(I’m seeing a mythology trend here?)
My blogging consistency improved slightly this month from September! Progress!
Most Popular Posts from October:
Hamilton | I got to see Hamilton live!!! It was just as incredible as I was hoping.
Derry Girls | Finished all of the episodes of this show that are currently out, and can’t wait for season three!
The Politician | Started this show in October—super good!
Booksmart | Omg this movie is HILARIOUS. A new favorite.
Working on my school newspaper | I’ve been writing/editing/illustrating for my school newspaper and it’s been super fun.
Life has been very busy, and I’m not gonna lie, I am very much looking forward to having a break from school next week for Thanksgiving.
Goals from October:
- Blog 5+ times ❌ I posted 3/5 times.
- Post on Instagram 2+ times per week ✔❌ I did this almost every week!
- Be productive with schoolwork on Fridays ❌
- Prep for the PSATs ✔
- Try to do some of Inktober ❌ I didn’t do this at all and I’m sad 😦
- Catch up on blog hopping ✔❌
- Take care of myself ✔❌ Always room for improvement but I think I did okay.
Goals for November:
- Finish two books
- Blog 5 times ~ I’m going to try posting once a week instead of twice, because that obviously hasn’t been working. I may add some extra posts during winter break in December/January, but I think this will be a good system for the rest of the school year.
- Post on Instagram 2+ times per week
- Be productive with schoolwork on Fridays
- Hang out with friends outside of school
- Catch up on blog hopping
- Take care of myself
- Get Christmas presents ~ It’s not that far away! 🙂
How was your October? Have you seen Hamilton, Derry Girls, The Politician, or Booksmart? Let’s chat in the comments!
Credit for plant graphic in header image: Vectors by Vecteezy