Happy May, friends! And may the fourth be with you, hehe. It’s time for me to recap the month of April! My month was pretty nice, and as you can probably tell from the title, I am very excited that summer isn’t too far away.
Ah, books. I once again did not have the greatest success as far as reaching my reading goal for the month, but I did read five books in April.
Books Read in April:
Book covers are from Goodreads and link to the books’ respective Goodreads pages.
As Kismet Would Have It | Sandhya Menon | ★★★.5 | This was a really sweet short story sequel to When Dimple Met Rishi! As Kismet Would Have It is currently available to read for free on Riveted Lit, so I would absolutely recommend checking that out.
In the Neighborhood of True | Susan Kaplan Carlton | ★★★★.5 | One of my favorites of this year! | Review
Wide Sargasso Sea | Jean Rhys | ★★★.5 | I read this for school and enjoyed it. Also, this cover is one of my favorite book covers of all time, no joke.
Amelia Westlake Was Never Here | Erin Gough | ★★★★☆ | This one was fun! | Review
The Boy Who Steals Houses | C.G. Drews | ★★★★★ | I LOVED this book, which was not a surprise because it was written by Cait. I will probably write a mini review at some point!
Internment | Samira Ahmed | I got this as an Easter gift from my parents (thanks Mom and Dad!!) and I’m SUPER excited to start it.
I feel like this post is just repeating the things I said last month, but I still have some work to do as far as posting my ideal number of posts per month. And I’m still hopelessly behind on blog hopping, ahhhh. I’m still pretty happy with most of the posting I did in April though!
Most Popular Posts from April:
Both of my bullet journal posts were also the most popular ones, haha.
- March ’19 Recap | School was Tough but Then Spring Break! And My Birthday!
- In the Neighborhood of True | A Novel About a Jewish Teen That’s Set in 1958 but Is Still Relevant Today (Blog Tour Review)
- Amelia Westlake Was Never Here | Subversive Mischief at an Elite High School (ARC Review)
- Looking Back at the First Ten Books I Reviewed | Top Ten Tuesday
- 10 of My Favorite Book Quotes | Top Ten Tuesday
Glee | After not having watched this (great) show in ages, I watched a bunch of episodes at the beginning of this month and have made it to season two.
Jane the Virgin | I watched some more of this show with my sister this past month, and we’re slowly but surely catching up—we’re like halfway through season four at this point. I was totally caught off guard by the change in actor for Mateo, but I’ve been enjoying the show a lot.
Free Spirit | Khalid’s new album! I love his voice so much.
April was pretty busy with school, softball, etc., but it was pretty good! Highlights include Easter with my extended family, hitting a triple, and this one Spanish class when most of the kids weren’t there and our teacher took us to get Chinese food. 😂
Goals from April:
- Schedule blog posts in advance ❌ I didn’t do super well with this unfortunately, so I’ll be carrying this goal into next month.
- Instagram 1x/week ✔ Aside from the first week of April, I mostly posted more than once per week!
- Go to bed @ 10:30 on school nights ✔❌
- Work on writing ❌
- Read 9+ books ❌ I got five, so not too bad I guess, but not as many as I’d hoped for.
- Draw something ✔
- Catch up on blog hopping ❌ Ugh I’m so behind 😭
- Keep my bedroom clean ❌✔
- Use my phone less ❌✔
Goals for May:
- Schedule blog posts in advance
- Use my phone less
- Get new plants ~ The ones I have are kinda dying 😫
- Organize my clothes ~ It’s almost time to take out my summer clothes!
- Post on Instagram consistently
- Go to bed @ 10:30 on school nights
- Work on writing
- Read 9+ books
- Catch up on blog hopping
- Start finals prep in advance ~ My aim is to draw up study plans as soon as I get my study guides from teachers. I may write a post about finals exam review sometime this month.
That concludes today’s post! How was your month? Are you reading any good books or watching any good shows?