Hello friends! Happy April! I hope you all had a fantastic March and are feeling ready for the month to come. Before I start looking ahead to this month (and geez, there are quite a lot of full school weeks…), I’ll be spending today’s post recapping everything that happened in March.
Just like last month, I finished five books, which is unfortunately not as many as I was hoping for. Getting back into playing sports every day has probably taken a bit of a toll on my reading time, but I’m hoping to catch up with my Goodreads goal (or at least semi-catch up) in April.
Books Read in March:
Book covers are from Goodreads and link to the books’ respective Goodreads pages.
Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel | Sara Farizan | ★★★☆☆
Dawn and the Impossible Three (graphic novel) | Ann M. Martin & Gale Galligan | ★★★.5
The Fever King | Victoria Lee | ★★★★☆ | Review
From Twinkle, With Love | Sandhya Menon | ★★★★☆
Kristy’s Big Day (graphic novel) | Ann M. Martin & Gale Galligan | ★★★★☆
Amelia Westlake Was Never Here | Erin Gough | Thank you to The NOVL for sending me a copy of this!! I was so surprised and excited when I got home to find this book. You can expect a review sometime in the next month!
From Twinkle, With Love | Sandhya Menon | My wonderful sister gave this to me for my birthday! As you can see from the above section, I’ve already read this and I greatly enjoyed it.
The Driving Book | Karen Gravelle & Helen Flook | Another birthday present, for when I learn how to drive. (Thanks Mom and Dad!)
Good Dog. Stay. | Anna Quindlen | Also a birthday gift—if you’re reading this, thank you Mimi and Pop! As you may know, my family recently got a dog, so I am super excited to read this book.
The Downstairs Girl | Stacey Lee | Another exciting surprise! I was so excited when I happened to find an ARC of this upcoming release in my local Little Free Library. It doesn’t come out until August, so I’ll probably read it and post a review sometime a little closer to the release date.
I feel like I did a bit better this month with planning ahead and keeping up with blogging, though I still have some work to do.
Most Popular Posts from March:
- February ’19 Recap | Snow! Two 5-Star Reads!
- The Hamilton Book Tag | There’s a Million Things I Haven’t Done, like This Tag (Until Now!)
- 12 Exciting YA Books Releasing in Spring 2019
- The Fever King by Victoria Lee (Blog Tour Review + Giveaway!)
- My Favorite Audiobooks (+I Need More Recs??)
- Summer Book Recommendations | Small Town Hearts Blog Tour (+Giveaway!)
On My Block | I watched (and greatly enjoyed) season two very quickly after it came out at the end of the month.
Captain Marvel | My family saw this movie in the theater—I didn’t know what to expect since I don’t know a whole lot about Captain Marvel, but I really liked it!
The first half of March was a bit stressful/sleep-deprived seeing as it was the end of the quarter at school and I also had softball almost every day, but the second half made up for it by being fun and relaxing because spring break!! Also I had my birthday which was fun.
Goals from March:
- Stick to my blogging schedule ✔❌ I only missed one posting day, so like I said the the blogging section—kinda.
- Instagram 1x/week ✔❌ I didn’t post at all for like the first half of the month, but I did post four times in the last two weeks, so I’m counting this as semi-completed.
- Go to bed @ 10:30 on school nights ✔ I did a pretty good job with this on the days that I wasn’t on spring break.
- Work on writing ❌
- Read 9+ books ❌ Only five this month, as I said before.
- Draw something ✔
- Blog hop better ❌ Still catching up on reading posts from March, but I’m getting closer.
Goals for April:
Mostly the same ones from last month haha…
- Schedule blog posts in advance ~ I think this is the thing I need to work on in order to make sure that I stick to my blogging schedule.
- Instagram 1x/week
- Go to bed @ 10:30 on school nights
- Work on writing
- Read 9+ books
- Draw something
- Catch up on blog hopping
- Keep my bedroom clean
- Use my phone less ~ I’ve been using my phone more than usual lately because of spring break, which is fine, but I want to get back into not using my phone a lot now that school has started back up.
How was your month? Let’s chat in the comments!