Happy March! I’m pretty excited for this month (it contains both my birthday and a one-and-a-half-week-long break from school!), just like I’m excited to share with you my recap of February!
Favorite Books Read in February:
Numbers-wise, I didn’t have the best reading month—I read 5 books, which is still great, but less than I normally read. HOWEVER. I did read not one, but TWO five-star books this month! And I also read a webcomic that I really liked. Here they are:
Book covers are from Goodreads and link to the books’ respective Goodreads pages.
I’ve been saving some Amazon gift cards that I got for Christmas, and this month I used one of them to treat myself to two new books! One of them I’ve already read, as you know from the above section, and the other is one that I have heard AMAZING things about and that I can’t wait to get started on.
I’ve been a bit behind with blogging and blog hopping lately—I actually skipped two posting days this month (gasp!), but I’m trying not to feel bad about it. I knew that if I had scrambled to put together a post quickly, it wouldn’t have been my best work, and that’s not what I want my posts to be like.
That said, I am hoping to get back on track in March with writing my posts ahead of time so I won’t face this dilemma again in the future.
Most Popular Posts from February:
- January ’19 Recap | A Chilly, but Good Start to 2019
- The Breakaways by Cathy G. Johnson | Soccer + Sweet Fifth-Grader-ness (ARC Review)
- Plan with Me | Bullet Journal Setup for March ’19
- Squad by Mariah MacCarthy | Not Your Typical Cheerleader Story (ARC Review)
The Good Place | I just started this show on the last day of February and it’s so good!
Modern Family | My family is making our way through this show much faster than our usual show-watching pace, and I am enjoying it greatly. We’re on season six right now.
Slumdog Millionaire | Such a great movie!
February was pretty chill I guess. I had my school dance, which was fun, and there was some snow. (I had a snow day and also another day with a delayed start!) I also started working out which classes I’m going to take next year, which was a little scary, but exciting too!
Goals from February:
- Exercise almost every day ✔
- Instagram 1x/week ✖ Nope, haha—I did post twice though, so at least that’s something!
- Go to bed @ 10:30 on school nights ✔✖ I did this a decent amount, but I’ll continue to work on it.
- Work on writing ✖
- Finish Serial season 1 ✔ It was super good! Kinda unsatisfied by the ending though
- Read 9+ books ✖ Only five, unfortunately…luckily for me, I read a bunch in January, so I’m not too far behind on my Goodreads goal.
- Prepare for standardized testing ✔
Goals for March:
- Stick to my blogging schedule ~ This means writing posts ahead of time and having a photo shoot at the beginning of the month.
- Instagram 1x/week
- Go to bed @ 10:30 on school nights
- Work on writing
- Read 9+ books
- Draw something
- Blog hop better ~ I love reading other bloggers’ posts, and I really want to do a better job of blog hopping this month! (aka not reading posts like half a month after they were published because I’m so behind)
How was your month? Did anything exciting happen? Chat with me in the comments!