Happy February! It’s super cold and snowy where I live all of a sudden (but it’s going up to 57°F on Tuesday—CLIMATE CHANGE), hence the title of this post, but yeah, I had a pretty nice, low-key month.
Favorite Books Read in January:
Book covers are from Goodreads and link to the books’ respective Goodreads pages.
I read a total of nine books this month, and here are my favorites:
Macbeth by Jo Nesbø | This was a super interesting and clever retelling of Shakespeare’s Macbeth. Not really the sort of book I usually read but I really liked it!
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid | This book is super popular and I found it to be 100% worth the hype!
Assata by Assata Shakur | (Read for school) This was a really interestign autobiography.
You Asked for Perfect by Laura Silverman | This book was so good and relatable! Keep an eye out for my review, which will be up later this month.
Most Popular Posts from January:
My Favorite Posts from January:
- December ’18 Recap | Holidays & Rest
- Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon | A Super Interesting Look at Toxic Friendships (Blog Tour Review)
- Goals for 2019 (+ Bullet Journal Spread!)
- The Birds, the Bees, and You and Me | Fresh, Cute, and Clever (Blog Tour Review + GIVEAWAY!)
- Top Ten Most Recent Additions to My TBR
Eighth Grade | This movie is kinda heartbreaking but also so funny at times and also relalatble.
Sex Education | This Netflix show is totally hilarious and I can’t wait for season two.
Serial | I recently started listening to this crime podcast and it’s super interesting. I don’t usually listen to a whole lot of podcasts, but I’m definitely going to start doing it more.
Like I said, January was pretty chill for me, mainly because my school has this really cool program where classes pause for a week in January and the whole high school learns about one country. (This year it was China.) There are speakers and workshops and various activities and projects, and it’s a really fun, valuable experience. Also, there’s no homework for the week, and school starts at nine instead of eight, so I had a nice kind-of-break!
Goals for February:
- Exercise ~ I want to be ready for softball season (which starts at the end of the month for me), so I’m going to try to exercise in some form almost every day.
- Instagram 1x/week ~ I have been seriously neglecting my Instagram account for kind of a long time, and while I don’t think I’ll go back to posting every day, my goal for this month is to post once a week.
- Go to bed @ 10:30 on school nights ~ I would really like to not be super tired a lot!
- Work on writing ~ I don’t have to make a ton of progress, but I would like to at least work a little bit on the WIP that I started over the summer.
- Finish Serial season 1 ~ I have seven full-length episodes left and three mini episodes.
- Read 9+ books ~ This is about how many books I need to read to stay on track for my Goodreads challenge.
- Prepare for standardized testing ~ I have a standardized test later this month, so I want to make sure I prepare as much as possible (via practice tests, the workshop at my school, etc.)
How was your month? Did you get any snow where you live? What were your favorite books of the month? Do you have any podcast recs? Chat with me in the comments!