Hey friends! October was a pretty good month for me, but it was REALLY busy. Luckily, I was still able to do some reading, although not as much as I usually do.
(titles link to Goodreads)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story // Alexander Freed // ★★★☆☆ // Sci-fi, movie adaptation // Pretty good—I liked being able to see inside the characters’ heads, something you don’t get when watching the movie
- Illuminae // Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff // ★★★★☆ // Young adult, sci-fi // Really liked this one!
- Quiet Girl in a Noisy World // Debbie Tung // ★★★★.5 // Graphic novel // Soooo relatable. I loved it! I’ll link my review here once I’ve posted it.
Book-related blog posts from October:
I didn’t buy any books in October—that makes two consecutive months without buying books! (Not that buying books is bad, but I really should read the books I already have before buying new ones.) However, I did get a new book from a Little Free Library in my neighborhood—Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. It’s been on my tbr for a while, and it was a lucky coincidence when I found a copy. And as an added bonus, it’s in almost perfect condition!
Some November releases I’m super excited for:
- Renegades // Marissa Meyer // OMG I CAN’T WAIT!
- Nightfall // Shannon Messenger // This is one of my favorite series. I’ve been waiting a year for this!
- Kids Like Us // Hilary Reyl // I’ve heard super great things about this one, including that it has really good autism rep.
- Black Dove, White Raven // Elizabeth Wein
- Skavenger’s Hunt (arc) // Mike Rich // A bit stressed because I have to have this finished in two weeks because it’s an arc but IT’S OKAY ANNIE IT’S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD
- Rules of Rain (arc) // Leah Scheier // Kinda nervous to read this one because I read a semi-negative review by one of my favorite bloggers…I wish I’d read that before requesting. ;( I’ll try and read it with an open mind though.
- Love, Hate and Other Filters (arc) // Samira Ahmed // Super excited that I got this one! I wished for it on Netgalley and I was randomly selected to read it.
- The Way the Light Bends (arc) // Cordelia Jensen // I loved the author’s previous book, and can’t wait to read this one!
As you can see, most of my tbr items for November are arcs (advanced reader’s copies). I would love to finish all of these! We’ll see, though…I’m still going to have lots of homework.
How many books did you read in October? What November releases are you excited for? Let me know in the comments!