Hi booknerds! I’ve been seeing this tag circling other book blogs and it looked like it would be so much fun to do. Because I love freaking out! Haha, just kidding. But seriously. This is gonna be awesome! Thanks Read with Maé and Book Nerd Reads for the tag! (You should go follow them.) 🙂
1. Best book you’ve read so far this year:
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. I couldn’t pick just one. 😉 Both of these are so good!!! If you haven’t read them already, stop reading this blog post (I won’t be mad) and read them.
Source: google images
2. Your favorite sequel of 2017:
Hollow City by Random Riggs. I loved the entire Miss Peregrine series.
3. New release you haven’t read but want to:
Argh there are so many! Here are a few:
- Saints and Misfits // S.K. Ali
- When Dimple Met Rishi // Sandhya Menon // this one just arrived in the mail and I can’t wait to read it!
- Queens of Geek // Jen Wilde // I’ve heard SO many great things about this book
- Flame in the Mist // Renee Adieh // Mulan retelling? Bring it on!
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy // Kathryn Ormsbee
- Strange the Dreamer // Laini Taylor
- Song of the Current // Sarah Tolcser
Source: google images
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year:
Here’s another list, because it’s just too hard to pick one.
- Miles Morales // Jason Reynolds // August 1st // A comic book by Jason Reynolds! I need!
- Dear Martin // Nic Stone // October 17th
- Nightfall // Shannon Messenger // November 7th // Ahhh I love this series so much.
- Renegades // Marissa Meyer // November 7th
Source: google images
5. Your biggest disappointment:
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. This book was funny, but for some reason, I just didn’t really like it. I loved The Fault in Our Stars (just like basically everyone else in the entire universe) so I thought I would like this too, but it just didn’t click with me.
6. Biggest surprise of the year:
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. I never thought that I would read this book. Just by the title, I thought it would be super cheesy and romantic, a combo I’m not usually into. But I’m glad I picked it up! It was still
kind of very cheesy, but I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. It was a super light, fun read.
7. Favorite new to you or debut author:
E. Lockhart. I read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks in May and loved it! Frankie is such a great character. I couldn’t stop laughing and I loved the underlying feminist themes.
8. Your new fictional crush:
Laurie from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. This is probably kind of a weird pick, but I just loved Laurie’s character. (Totally unrelated but the puffin in bloom edition is gorgeous! Now I want to buy the set so I can look at them whenever I want.)
9. New favorite character:
Starr from The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Starr is just amazing and brave and such a great, realistic character!
10. A book that made you cry:
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I teared up at least three times while reading this book. It’s amazing! I’ll Give You the Sun also made me cry A LOT, but I did already use that one, so I figured I’d do Fangirl instead. 😉
11. A book that made you happy:
Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson. This is such a cute graphic novel about friendship and adventure!
12. Favorite book to movie adaptation you’ve seen this year:
Probably Beauty and the Beast. The movie was so well done! And Emma Watson is such a good singer.
13. Favorite book post published this year:
Um, I’ve only posted two book posts this year, so I guess my favorite is My All-Time Favorite Books.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought/received:
Possibly When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore. I had mixed feelings about the book itself (read my review here,) but the cover is undeniably stunning.
15. Book you need to read before the end of the year:
Ruby Redfort: Blink and You Die by Lauren Child. I adore this series, but the new one is so hard to find it in the US, especially the hardback. And I want the hardback because it’s so much prettier and I want the cover to match the other books in the series that I own. #bookwormproblems
If you’re reading this, I tag you! If you end up doing it, let me know—I’d love to read your answers and will probably like/comment.
What are your favorite books so far from 2017? Do we have any in common? Let’s chat in the comments!